Saturday 8 February 2014

My Valentine Poem To The One I Love

My favourite things...

I need to break away from the Shannon's Law nerves and think a little about Valentine's day. I know, I know - all the shops are hyped up in full sales target hue and cry. Its lace in your face and blooms down your bloomers all the way to the tills. For all that, it is a festival of love and passion. Someone singles you out from the billions of the world. 

For some, they don't. When this has been my fate I've always kinda smiled at my freedom and all the possibilities ahead. In lonely times there really is a chance to know love by its longing and absence. A writer has to know the power of tears uncried. A lonely love builds and builds towards that someone who is there ahead. 

I'll be quite honest with you and tell you that the little poem I wrote for Valentine's day a few years ago was just for me in a lonely time. I know it's OTT and has all that commercial splurge. All the same that is the world we walk through. I wasn't trying to be posh. I was trying to express the love I had inside myself to give or that someone had in their heart for me. Hey - they turned up!

There's a link to YouTube and you can print out the words  if you like them. 
Emma x

Emma Thinx: Without your special love, everyone else has one. When you have it, all those others have nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x