Wednesday 8 June 2011

Turned off? Get your hands on your switch and enjoy.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhNJTaaSr60fuiXgR8iOUas3VNMYiBVPDadCTm0yE_P-u1UVdUwFvucxfJc70YEhMJGfST6tGdFmXIkgeckbCPWhn279gmacisjqwCjp9TG1-ryuWswwsb7S6oQC0y2QuRy5_tXZsGBAM45/s1600/edithpiaf2.jpg
Those things that influence us fall into two categories. Those we are aware of and those that are hidden or so built in that we just cannot see them. Other writers obviously influence me. Good writers create readers. Great writers create other writers. Ho hum, I'll settle for readers! The singer Edith Piaf has been the most powerful influence on my life and work. I heard her singing on the radio by chance and was so drawn to her sound and language that I decided to teach myself French. If you've ever longed to learn a language and the school system turned you off, get some music of the language you want, turn yourself back on and get singing. Put all those classroom humiliations behind you and learn a song. Sing it in your head. You don't have to show out until you are ready. Babies just gurgle and listen. Suddenly WHEN THEY ARE READY they go for it. Also try using the accent and flavour of your new language in your own tongue. Oh wee, ziss is ow you can do eet. I tell you, zair will bee uh no regrets.


Check out the life of Edith Piaf in the film La Vie en Rose.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5gpBncR8zI&NR=1


I've added a poem which reflects my own tiny homage to her soul. It's about living with who you are and what you are. Chanteuse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x