Sunday 5 May 2013

In The Sack - With Mandy Baggot

I've not encountered many celebrities, although I did once stand near a TV gardening expert on a railway station platform. I began to frame a remark about my perfumed succulents to make conversation, when a bodyguard spotted my loony groupie stereotype and I was eased away. All that was before I met Mandy. 

I had seen her books in Waterstones, I had heard her talking on the radio, but it was not until I went to a literary festival that I encountered her. During the lunch break I heard someone singing "Rehab" which is definitely my kind of song. The singer had brought along a backing track - and well, the girl could sing. If only I could sing! I could be somebody, maybe even a contender like Rocky. At least I wouldn't have to try to write books. Then, a passing novelist told me the singer was Mandy Baggot - and well, the girl can write!

She's a power-house, she's an inspiration and she's here..... 



Thank you so much for having me on your blog today, Emma. I’m going to be starting a new feature on my website soon called In The Sack and I thought I’d kick it off on your site with my own!

Basically, I have a handbag fetish. I have LOADS of them and I love them, but occasionally I do have to thin out my collection otherwise Mr Big goes mad! Anyway, he’s not here now! In The Sack is going to look at your current handbag and its contents. What does your style of bag say about you? What horrors are there lurking in the bottom of it!

So, without further ado, here’s my handbag!


I bought this rather large handbag at the Ladies Who Love Salisbury Fashion Week shopping event and I love it! It’s huge and has room for everything I need on a daily basis and more! Want to see what’s in it?


Here’s what’s in it:-
  1. Purse
  2. Two lip balms (?)
  3. Name badge (in case I forget who I am!)
  4. Huggies wipes
  5. Fiction Addiction Book Tours diary
  6. House of Colour colour wallet
  7. Leopard print tissues
  8. Business card holder
  9. Cheque book
  10. Tesco coupons
  11. Pyrex collection stickers
  12. Petrol receipt
  13. Pens
  14. Avon book
  15. My phone would have been there but I was taking the photo!
What does all that say about me?!


If you’re an author or a book blogger and would like to be featured on In The Sack, drop me an email at mandybaggot@gmail.com and I will get you on my blog!



About:
Mandy Baggot is a romantic fiction author. In 2012 she won the Innovation in Romantic Fiction award at the UK’s Festival of Romance. Her self-published title, Strings Attached was also short-listed for the Best Author Published Read award.


Also in 2012 she signed with American publishing house, Sapphire Star Publishing, who has produced her novels, Taking Charge http://ow.ly/ks0Zg and latest release, Security http://ow.ly/ks13Q. She is a regular contributor to writing blogs and on-line magazine, Loveahappyending Lifestyle http://www.loveahappyending.com/.

Mandy loves mashed potato, white wine, country music, World’s Strongest Man, travel and handbags. She has appeared on ITV1’s Who Dares Sings and auditioned for The X-Factor.


Wot? No soggy furry humbugs, no crumpled up parking tickets, no leaked out biro? Thanks Mandy, I'll be having a rummage in my sack and exposing my slovenly soul on your blog in August. It certainly adds a new dimension to I'll show you mine if you show me yours.   Mandy has been shortlisted for The Southern Women Inspiring Women Awards and she sure has my vote. 


Emma thinx: Gucci - the sack of Rome. 

10 comments:

  1. I hope Mandy and my wife never go shopping together. Linda is a walking O'Henry short story. She would spend her last dime on a purse, then have no money to put it in. Of course, she can't find her money for the other junk inside. I'm surprised airlines don't let her bags fly free but charge her for carrying her purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it shows you're organised, Mandy! At least your bag didn't have a yucky melting chocolate in there - and a suspect dusty Polo or two. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to have a word with you, Mandy - you can get SO much more in that bag!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 'Emma thinx'and giggled at your perfumed succulents, Emma!

    I agree with Sue - you could get much more in the sack than that, Mandy! I mean, who takes cheques anymore - certainly not Tesco. Where is the perfume? The clipped gig tickets? The well worn outrangeously red lipstick? Are you being honest with us Lady B?

    Love, Janice, who has just deceided on a new springtime handbag from the ottoman at the end of her bed - only to find it has a melted gooey mint chew in the lining from last year - yuk!

    PS Can't wait for the new feature Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, many a green fingered type has appreciated my succulents - trouble is, I think I'm entering my cactus phase. Spotted a wiry hair.....Oh dear!

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous feature! Although given the size of the 'sack' I have to agree with Sue ~ what do you mean, that's it? Where's the snacks? The make up? The copies of your book? Brilliant and inspired, can't wait to see this feature again. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, having just written my post to guest with Mandy, I think Lady B's bag is rather well organised! You should have seen the back-pack at the London Book Fair - what didn't it hold??? A lady after my own heart ... but I agree, Nicky, there's room for a snack or two....

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! You guys!! I have to be truthful with my sack! That was what was in it! No promo t-shirts or chicken suits on the day! Cheque book is usually only used to pay school for the girls dinners there! I had coupons and receipts - that's bad! I keep quite a tidy bag!

    Thanks for all your comments and I can't wait to invite you on the feature!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. there is way more junk in my bag and its half the size LOL. Loved reading this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gucci sac? Please no k at the end, it's not chick chic, ha ha!

    You know what I've got in it? Something big and black and pliable - yes, another bag within my bag so I can double the load I carry, clever...But not that clever because I end up carrying way too much stuff and straining my back!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x