Sunday 25 May 2014

Ennui and A Dog Called Héros

Love me and I'll follow.. A French/ English bull terrier holding out for a hero.
It's a Sunday and I mean that. It's an anonymous day here in France. The elections for the European parliament have failed to excite the little town of Saint Savinien. The English side of me awaits the inevitable tsunami of punditry that will slosh unto the shores of both Britain and France when all the votes are counted. Politicos dipped in faux gravitas will spin the results their way regardless of the obvious truths. Groomed ambitious journalists will love themselves and strut their clever university smart-kid questions that evoke no answers. 

 And no one will care.

 The poor folk will drag themselves to pride-less low wage jobs and try to get through to the next pay day in England and in France. The rich will withdraw their wealth from the bank of other's labour and place it beyond taxation and the concept of community. That's the way it is. You can't change anything.

It's what's called disconnect. 

It is one of the most unexploited dangerous/exciting forces on this Earth. Apathy is a dam, not a desert.

Only 36% of voters voted in the 2014 local council elections. More importantly 64% of voters did not vote! Duh.  Most politicos are glad. The ugly brutes of the great disconnected class are simply too dangerous, too unpredictable. Just imagine if the great majority of people took an interest in the things that control their lives. Good lord - the show would be unmanageable. You would have to spin so fast you'd be a blur.


I need a direction. Don't point ! Sweep  me up. Love me.
 The micro-elite in the bubble of simulated angst and outrage that is consensus politics would have to address the politically incorrect weeds and brambles in the perfumed garden of human life. That would be like coming down to the factory floor and soldering a silicone chip, hauling a gearbox off a car engine or the life of a sub-minimum wage nouveau-pauvre Euro driver pushing a truck through the night shift to get urgent Parmigiano  cheese to your delicatessen. 

Just imagine that!!!! Just imagine if one's limousine wasn't serviced on time or the private nurse couldn't soothe the  paper cut on your finger or the wholegrain organic muesli wasn't on the supermarket shelf. Few modern politicos have the imagination or experience to leap that void.

I know I'm just ranting on. I've lived these issues all my life. No one reads this. Most people don't vote. Even fewer care.


Emma Thinx: Anarchy - the default setting of organised nonchalance.












2 comments:

  1. I too have these days. In our bipolar minds, life appears always to be swinging out or swinging back. I don't think we're here to change it. I think we're here to better understand ourselves. For we can do so much better. Okay, I'm off my soapbox now too. Too bad there is an ocean between us. Now would be a great moment to take a walk together in the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the end of that walk a new world would be designed and built. I wonder if one would need credit to buy a place there. Lovely to hear from you. Emma x

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x