Thursday 3 January 2013

Freedom Of Choice - The Chosen Goes Clix For Nix.

I am not a tidy person. Over Christmas I reached a crisis of confusion in which whatever job I wanted to do, I could not find the kit to do it. When stuff is piled so high you can't see the hoover, you have an issue. Worst of all was my work space. It had become so cluttered that I could no longer work. I thought of writing a story about a kid who gets lost in his own front room, something like Harry Trotter And the Pig-Sty Of Doom. 

A couple of days ago I attacked at dawn. I got out the garden incinerator and had a bonfire of the insanities. First to go was the accumulated school-work of three kids. It was amazing to learn that 20 years ago they were doing stuff at school that I thought was still in the future. I was delighted to learn from a religious education test that a prophet was an old word for a sharp business man and that a disciple was a man who followed another man in the street. The pupil is at University now, but not doing theology. 

I've been smokin' with my pokin'
All of this is nothing to do with anything really. But it's that time of year when we rip it all down and let in the fresh air. I will confess to some sentimental moments as I fed the flames. After two days I unearthed the hoover and my desk. There's gonna be no stopping me now!

First up is my free days on Amazon KDP for my short story "The Chosen".(Separate link for Amazon UK)  It's a regular tale of two low level semi criminals trying to go straight in a world that's bent against them. Oscar Sparrow did the audio. My free days on "Knockout" reached about 8,000 readers. Once I have the full analysis I'll do a scribe-a-thon techno de-brief of follow up sales etc. For now, let's see if I can get some visibility for this very grungy tale of lust in the dust....please...it's FREE. Buddy, can you dime a spare?......

Emma Thinx: You burn souvenirs. Memories burn you. 







2 comments:

  1. "Bonfire of the insanities"! I love it!! You are truly the BOMB blogger, my dear!!

    Good luck with the giveaway; I thought The Chosen was an excellent read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific post. I think I need to mimic your steps and get rid of the clutter. If you find yourself getting bored, let me know, and I'll gladly let you clear out my insanities.

    I read The Chosen and loved it. Good luck with the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x