Monday 20 October 2014

Emma Spare Tyre Tummy Award Gets Real In London

As English as a red bus, as warm as a smile in the eyes. 
In my new role as glitzy guru-go-gal I travelled to London. What a place it is these days. I zoomed in on an express train. I took a fast launch up the Thames from Waterloo to Greenwich by the O2 Arena.  I soared across the Thames on the Emirates Air Line cable car and boarded the Docklands Light Railway to Stratford. And then things got even better.....
Quantum Cloud by Anthony Gormley. Spot the man in the cloud.


I arrived at the Railway Tavern, 131 Angel Lane, Stratford, London E15 1DB. In this hotel world of chrome and glass logo splattered corporate spam, I had arrived at an oasis. This is a real London pub with old fashioned service and hospitality. The proprietors Tom and Jan Dooner just could not do enough to make me comfortable. I had dinner of first class fish and chips. I slept well and started the day on a full English breakfast that was FULL and ENGLISH. Oooh, I'm thinking back to those thick slices of juicy bacon, sausage, tomatoes, fried egg, baked beans and all the toast you could dream of. Naturally, there were generous pots of hot strong English tea and all the options of cereals, fruit and Muesli. Next time I go to London, this is where I'm going and I'd advise anyone to do the same. Go on! Let go and award yourself a treat - you deserve it. I won't tip off the cholesterol cops. You ain't gonna get the chance ev'ry day are ya?

In short me old muckers - this place is gem. The staff are diamond geezers. It takes its place in the Cosmo-international hall of fame that is the Emma's Spare Tyre Tummy Award. If you want genuine London, value for money, warm hospitality, a great bed  and a right old hard core cockney nosh up - this is where to go.

Michelin stars are trailing behind the spare tyre tummy awards. Book soon before the snobs catch up and get real.


Emma Thinx: You can put lipstick on a pig but you can't fake a bacon breakfast.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x