Sunday 14 July 2013

Limp? You Can Stick That.

Novelist on location exposes her crutch
If you poke my dear companion in literature, Oscar Sparrow, he will usually refer you to the Vagrancy Act of 1824. As a cop in modern London, this piece of legislation was never out of his tool box. So it was when he picked me up from the hospital following my leg operation. He immediately advised that the exposure of wounds with intent to obtain pity was an offence for which I could be arrested.




The lovers cavort in this fine setting in my latest Romance

Since absolutely nobody wants to know about surgical procedures, I have attacked my work. And what incredible fun I've had! I've been writing and researching. Yes, please note tax man, I've been out there sucking up the ambiance of all kinds of novelist stuff.  Stately homes, country cottages and long haired cattle. Can a novelist claim for dung cleaning bills? Well, at least it prepared me for the one star Amazon review circus. 

And now for a plug. Next week sees the release of my Love In A Hopeless Place collection. There are five stories. Many novels can come down to ten thousand words. Most of mine should have been reduced to zero.  This collection is my last bow/curtsy/grovel at the shrine of brine. These are serious stories about the life I've lived and seen up close. It's all a bit gritty but how joyfully that salt stings in the wound. I know it's not real fiction mainstream/vampire/sado-masochistic/werewolf fashion photographer stuff - but I've done it now and I'm free. 

Romance is a joy when you come up for air. I've been out there and at it. Do any of you fellow scribes need to go to locations to feel the heat? I sure do. That is why I've written so much real life contemporary stuff. How I admire folks who can "feel" English Regency minuet dancing and werewolf/vampire/alien identity angst. 



Next up is the Blogger Book Fair. This is a five day event where all manner of authors advertise their art on each other's blogs. There are prizes of all sizes. Fun and games and books books books. I will be hosting ten authors. Surprises are certain......


Emma Thinx:  Fame - what the unloved call love.











5 comments:

  1. Emma, what fun and energy in this post in spite of your hospital stay! Speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma,
    I bought the book - the limp worked - Oscar was wrong.
    You do great blog my friend.
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful collection of stories set in real life situations with a twist. I loved reading this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, post Emma. Glad you are recovering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good that your are healing faster. You can use more comfortable walking stick with you to be more safe and sound. Good luck to you for quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x