Friday 7 June 2013

Guest Post: Announcing 'Julia's Violinist' - a poignant love story from fabulous writer Anneli Purchase

My guest today is Anneli Purchase. Recently I read and reviewed her her first novel "The Wind Weeps" which is quite a hard-edged romance, set in the wild drama of British Columbia. She has also written  "Orion's Gift"a dramatic tale of love on the run which plays out in Mexico, on the Baja Peninsular. 


Other than being a compelling writer, Anneli is a freelance copy editor and I can certainly recommend her services.   Welcome Anneli!

Thank you for having me on your blog, Emma. I’d like to tell your readers a little bit about my latest novel, "Julia's Violinist".



In the Sudeten-German area bordering Austria, Germany, and Czechoslovakia, Julia, a young German woman, fell in love with the baker's son from a neighbouring village. He was handsome, fun to be with and played the violin so sweetly. Unfortunately, circumstances made it difficult for their romance to continue.

Fast forward twenty years. World War II has been lost. Julia, now a widow with two small children, is trying to rebuild her life after postwar atrocities left her raped, homeless, and deported.
Gradually she rebuilds her life, but her new husband is hard to live with at times.

A letter arrives from Canada. “I've been searching for you through the Red Cross for years. I'm so happy I've found you at last. Please come to me in Canada. Life is better here.”

By some miracle, her first sweetheart is still alive. What to do?




Find out more about Anneli here:


Anneli's Amazon Author Page:  viewAuthor.at/AnneliPurchase
Twitter:  @anneli33

4 comments:

  1. Poignant indeed, a wonderful premise for a story Anneli and judging by your first two books, which I read and enjoyed so much, this one is going to be another great read. Congratulations and I think the cover is is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read Julia's Violinist and can honestly say it provokes so many different emotions. Sadness, loathing, hope, joy, and more. I couldn't put it down until I was finished with it. Once I had put it down, I felt like my best friend had just left me. This was truly a well written story and one that warrants reading again, and again.

    Congratulations Anneli, on another great read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Linn and Anonymous. I'm so glad you enjoyed my books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read and enjoyed all of Anneli's books, but this is by far my favorite. Julia is inspiring. And the cover is perfect for the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x