Saturday 1 October 2011

Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas.



We're off on an adventure. Gilles has some business in the Midlands. It has been years and years since I have been to Birmingham and Coventry. I remember much municipal magnificence in old Victorian civic buildings. It will be interesting to see how things are now.


So much economic gloom today. I'm gonna sell my massive portfolio of shares, bonds, commodity options (long term anchovy and oyster prices have been a worry to me for some time)  and hedge funds in order to buy all the canned food and can openers that I can afford. There are rumours that the men in grey might downgrade France's triple A credit rating. You see - we have all had too much. We bought the cars that we made. We bought the houses for us to live in that we built. We bought clothes and shoes for our kids. We created a consumer market so that technologies could develop with self generating finance so that even more advances could be made. We invented and took cancer curing drugs and stayed alive as consumers and workers. What a bloody heap of scum we all are. What a disgrace to have done all that. It is only right that we should be punished. We have sinned in the eyes of the money God. Let us be purged. Let the God exact his revenge WITH INTEREST. Take me Lord as a humble sacrifice!


To be honest all this self loathing and rejoicing in penance makes me sick. Powerless people have just lived, consumed, paid their interest and sung along to the buy buy advertising jingles. The trouble for me is that I just can't raise enough dough to buy enough self hatred. The grey guys are gonna have to beat me up cos I sure ain't gonna do it myself. 


Emma thinx: What goes around often comes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x